Pitfall Series Edit
Pitfall is a platform-adventure video game series by Activision.
Video Games Edit
Original Games Edit
- Pitfall! (September 1982), Atari 2600. Later released for Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, ColecoVision, Commodore 64 and Intellivision.
- Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (1984), Atari 2600. Later released for Apple II, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, MSX and ZX Spectrum. The Atari 5200 and Atari 8-bit versions were called Adventurer's Edition in the title screen, since they feature an extra level.
- Super Pitfall (September 8, 1986), Famicom/NES, NEC PC-8801.
- Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (1994), SNES, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and Mega-CD. It includes the original Pitfall! (Atari 2600 version) as an unlockable minigame. Re-released in 1995 for Sega 32X, Atari Jaguar and PC with some enhancements, in 2001 for Game Boy Advance and in 2009 the Mega Drive version was released for Wii Virtual Console.
- Pitfall 3D: Beyond the Jungle (February 28, 1998), PlayStation.
- Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (February 18, 2004), GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. Later released on PC and in 2009 for Wii as Pitfall: The Big Adventure.
- Pitfall! (August 9, 2012), iOS. While marketed as a remake of the original game, it's actually a totally different release.
- Pitfall! Krave (March 12, 2014), iOS, Android. Also known as Pitfall! Choco Krave, it might be considered an update to the iOS game Pitfall! rather than a different game.
- Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (1985), Arcade. A blend of Pitfall! and Pitfall II, made by Sega and later released on SG-1000.
- Pitfall: Beyond the Jungle (December 1998), Game Boy Color. Based on the PlayStation game. Called Pitfall GB in Japan.
- Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (February 18, 2004), Game Boy Advance.
TV Series Edit
An animated TV series based on the original game was featured in 1983 in the Saturday Supercade cartoon lineup. It only lasted 7 episodes, from September 17 to December 3.
In other Games Edit
|Direction||Series||Date||Description||Type||Donkey Kong||September 17, 1983||Donkey Kong characters meet Pitfall! characters between episodes of their shows in the Saturday Supercade.|
|Frogger||September 17, 1983||The Pitfall! TV show was aired with the Frogger TV show in the Saturday Supercade.|
|Q*bert||October 01, 1983||The Pitfall! TV show rotated weekly with the Q*bert TV show in the Saturday Supercade.|
|Homestar Runner||May 04, 2000||The Homestar Runner episode In Search of the Yello Dello features a reference to Pitfall!||3|
|Marvel: Ultimate Alliance||October 24, 2006||In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, at the level Murderworld, the player's character enters in a arcade machine which turns out to be Pitfall!.|
|Call of Duty||November 12, 2012||Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 features Pitfall II as a secret playable game.||2|
|Kellogg's Choco Krave||March 12, 2014||The promotional game Pitfall! Krave is a direct crossover between the two series.||1|
|Fallout||November 10, 2015||Fallout 4 features a fictional game called "Pipfall", partially based on Pitfall.||2.5|